Singleton Bowling Club was formed in 1912 when 25 interested citizens met by gaslight in the former council chambers in Burdekin Park. Land was purchased in Pitt St a playing surface was laid, and play commenced.
The Drill Hall in William St was advertised for sale in May 1959, and club members purchased the building. By November the Drill Hall was demolished, the land cleared, and six greens were added on the corner of William and Sussex Streets.
In 1974 the club was extended with the addition of a new boardroom and foyer.
It was extended in 1976 when the former Albion Park Bowling Club Ladies were permitted to join the club as members.